How to combine highest safety with comfortable use?
Ropeways are used not only to carry people but also to transport materials. Various ropeway systems are used in practice. Today, ropeways are not only used in ski regions but are increasingly being used for passenger transport in urban spaces.
The gear units in this kind of application obviously have to comply with a number of special requirements: all passenger conveyance systems are subject to very strict safety criteria. The units are exposed to significant variations in temperature and operate almost continuously from the minute they are put into service. For this reason, FLENDER gear units for ropeways are not only compact but also noise- and weight-optimized. They are made with geared parts of the highest quality and extra-strong sealing elements. FLENDER gear units and services are available worldwide.
- Temperature range: -30 to +40°C
- Engineering and calculations acc. to ropeway standards
- Various options of output shafts possible, e.g. hollow shaft with involute splines according to DIN 5480, solid shaft without keyway
- Special seals on input and output shafts for low temperature
- Optionally with cartridge heater
- Different cooling options possible (external supply system, fan cooler, etc.)
Your benefits at a glance
- Standard planetary gear unit with ropeway modifications
- Spare parts from the standard range
- Compact, space-saving design
- Worldwide service
- 40 years experience as a supplier of ropeway drive systems worldwide
- Aerial tramway and funicular railway