Flexible and adaptable
Highly flexible ELPEX-B® couplings transmit torques without circumferential backlash in machines with non-uniform torque characteristics. They are resistant to wear and maintenance-free. The hubs of the ELPEX-B couplings are made of high-quality cast iron or steel. The torque is transmitted by a flexible tire reinforced with a cord ply.
Your benefits at a glance
- Compensation of very large shaft misalignments
- Independent of direction of rotation (suitable for reversing operation)
- The rubber tire can be replaced easily without the need to move the coupled machines
- Easy mounting on the shafts is possible with taper bushes
Made in Germany, worldwide in use
- Mining and Cement: crushers
- Steel Production: shears, straightening machines, reversing rolling mills, pilger rolling mills
- Power Generation: air condensers
- Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals: driers, lauter tuns, mixers, agitators, reactors
- Pulp and Paper: wastewater purification plants
- Food and beverage: lauter tuns, reactors, agitators
- Sugar: diffusers, sugar cane mills
Did You Know ?
Instead of the standard rubber tire, a chloroprene rubber tire is available. This option is labeled FRAS, i.e. fire-resistant and anti static.