The best-performing coupling on the market
Investment costs, lifecycle costs, power-to-weight ratio, fitness for use and the cost of purchasing couplings are key considerations for equipment manufacturers.
With the introduction of the new N-ARPEX® all-steel multi-disk coupling Flender is continuing the success story of the proven ARPEX® series of couplings. The N-ARPEX is the consistent further development of the ARPEX into what is at present the best-performing coupling on the market – a leap in performance that in this size could only be achieved by means of various design features.
With our all-steel couplings, the reliable transmission of torque between the shafts to be connected is backlash-free, torsionally rigid and flexurally elastic. This enables them to compensate for axial, angular and radial misalignment. Our multi-disk couplings are not prone to wear and are maintenance-free.
The couplings have been designed for use in potentially explosive environments as defined in Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) and comply with the requirements in standards
API 610 and API 671.
Your benefits at a glance
Lower costs through higher performance
An optimized diskpack and a revised component design enable transmission of very high torques and speeds.
Low bearing loads through low weight
A marked increase in bore capacities with standard hubs increases performance capability and lowers the N-ARPEX’s weight.
Versatility for maximum fitness for use
Its suitability for use at low temperatures between –50 °C and +280 °C and its high misalignment capacities of up to 1° enable the N-ARPEX to be used for many different purposes in special conditions.
Easy selection and reduction in storage costs
The bundling of the ARPEX ARS®, ARC® and ARP® series together to make a single series results in a reduction in complexity from 42 to 14 couplings. Thus, storage costs are reduced. Choosing the desired coupling is much easier.
Made in Germany, worldwide in use
- Mining and Cement: conveyor belts, apron conveyors, bucket elevators, tube mills, bucket excavators, crushers, roller presses, separators, heating technology, slurry pumps
- Steel Production: shears, reversing rolling mills, pilger rolling mills
- Cranes: hoisting and luffing gear systems, slewing gear systems, trolley and travel gear systems
- Marine and Shipbuilding: single-engine ships, multi-engine ships, dredgers, generator gearboxes, installation vessels
- Oil and Gas: installation vessels, pumps, fans, compressors, air condensers, jack-up rigs
- Power Generation: air condensers, generators, gas turbines, cooling towers, water turbines, boiler feed pumps
- Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals: driers, pumps and compressors, mixers, cooling towers, agitators, reactors
- Plastics and Rubber: single- and double-screw extruders
- Pulp and Paper: waste paper, wet section, dry section, smoothers and cylinders, reel winders, coating machines, calenders, wastewater purification plants
- Water and Wastewater: aerators, water screw pumps
- Food and Beverage: lauter tuns, reactors, agitators, mixers, filling systems
- Sugar: generators, steam turbines, sugar cane mills
- Passenger Transport: cable cars
- Other fields of application: test benches, wood milling, packaging machines
Did You Know ?
We make the N-ARPEX your N-ARPEX. Beyond the broad standard program, we give you the opportunity to customize the coupling according to your specific needs. Thus, in addition to various hub and flange types, we can offer you special designs such as one which prevents leak currents between coupled devices. Our coupling experts are happy to advise you.