MultipleDrive for Vertical Mills
Availability meets Performance – Vertical Mill Drive with high capacity and redundancy
In the cement industry too demand has risen over the years. As a result there is an urgent need of highly available and very high-performance production systems. However, this performance must not be attained at the expense of efficiency. Energy efficiency is an important factor of the total cost of ownership (TCO). The new “MultipleDrive” drive concept unites the benefits of a variable-speed drive with the modularity of a multi-stage drive that enables the system to be continuously available. At the same time this totally new concept opens up new dimensions for power transmission: now up to 16.5 megawatt can be transmitted effortlessly. High control dynamics with corresponding load distribution between the individual drive units ensure quiet operation. Quiet operation and the adaptability of the speed to suit process conditions ensure that the drive system is always operated in an optimum operational condition. At the same time the grinding result is improved.
The concept: two, three, four, five or even six independent drive units drive a common girth gear. The individual drive systems are each arranged on a carrier. If any drive unit needs maintenance or service, it is simply disengaged. While a service engineer carries out the necessary work, the remaining units continue to drive the girth gear. In this way this solution creates a high redundancy factor, thus preventing total production outages.
Your benefits at a glance
- High quality standard of standardized components
- Maximum availability of drive system thanks to modular construction
- Highest possible energy efficiency and best grinding results thanks to adjustment of speed to suit process requirements
- Low installation height
- Comprehensive maintenance- and service-friendliness
- Highest possible flexibility in preliminary and detailed design to meet customer requirements
- Coordinated complete system by a single provider
- Highest outputs up to 16.5 MW
- Diverse drive concepts with a variable number of drive units
- Transmission ratios to meet customer requirements
- Rated outputs up to 16,500 kW
- Static radial forces can be absorbed by the grinding-table thrust bearing
- Comminution of limestone, clinker, slag, lime, gypsum and ores for the building materials industry.